Saturday, July 19, 2008

Okay, so here's the story

I had my info posted on a site dedicated to reuniting adoptees and their birth parents. I listed it years ago and just left it. Over the years I would get emails with info but it was mostly dead ends. A few years ago I found someone I thought was her... and I was wrong. I had the name right, but the wrong woman. I stopped for a while. Recently, just last week... I received an email from a woman in PA that did this for fun. She gave me her name and told me to google her and I'd see who she was. She, in time, found addresses and phone numbers for both of the twins. My birth mother was a twin, I knew that info... and we didn't know which one of the girls she was.

I called all of the numbers.

I reached her husband. He was protective and asked me a bunch of questions. I answered them all correctly and he gave her the phone. She was happy to hear from me. She was happy to know that I had a good life and I was healthy and happy. We talked and caught up and she told me things and answered my questions. I want to meet her and see what she looks like and get to know her better.

I am over whelmed and happy and excited and outside myself.

She told me the name of my birth father... I've found him as well. I spoke with him today and he is kind and centered and loves his family and his children and grand children. He has three girls and a boy.. and a baby on the way! I hope that he tells them all and they are fine with it and I can meet them and all is well. He seems like a wonderful man. I am so blessed to finally have an answer to where I come from. I am excited for a future relationships of whatever kind come from this. Life is good.

1 comment:

Paul and Lisa said...

Stacy, that is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! I know you have had so many questions on where you come form and your family history! This is such exciting news! I can't wait to hear all about it!