Thursday, August 14, 2008

House painting and all that jazz

So, last week was crazy. The boys started school on Thursday, Aug. 7, and we had painters come the same day and spruce up the house. It looks really good. Plain, but good. We had to "vanilla"ize it to make it more attractive to buyers. Whatever.

The boys have great teachers this year. Sad to say, I hope they don't have them for long, I want to move. Now. It's so hard to be excited about this school year. The boys keep asking about the move, and all we are is honest. When the house gets an offer, and we accept it, then we will be moving. They understand, but it's still difficult. We're all stressed about it and it's hard to keep a smiling face through this process. We have so much riding on it.... a normal life.

We've been watching the Olympics, like everyone else... and we're really enjoying them. Michael Phelps is just amazing. So many things have been fun to watch. It's fun when the boys have questions... Gavin asked me why ping pong was an olympic sport. How do you answer that?? LOL

I still just hope and pray that this move goe through... that we get to go back to So. Cal. and have holidays with family and birthdays with cousins. I want my kids to really know their cousins and play and grow with them all. It's so important to me.

1 comment:

Paul and Lisa said...

Hey you! I truely believe that you guys will get an offer and be moving back soon! You should put one of those saint figures in the ground. Thats how my parents sold their place. I know it sounds crazy but you should ask my mom. She'll tell you how to do it! As for the Olympics, Jesse now wants to swim and win the "round" things! I told him as soon as the cast comes off, I'll sign him up for lessons! He can't wait!